Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hello World!!!!
So its time for an update. Last monday I went to a private island on the river nile called the hairy lemon, to relax for a couple of days and surf the nice river wave called Nile Special. I really like that place, a day consists of waking up at around 9, having a breakfast with lots of fresh fruit, going kayaking on the wave for around 3 hours, back for lunch then reading for a while, back to the wave, finishing the day surfing as the sun sets, maybe some poker after dinner then bed by 10 for a nice peaceful sleep. The Nile Special Wave is about 8ft high, and constantly breaking, so if you can manage it, you could stay surfing forever. This wave is different to anything I have surfed before because you have to tow on with a rope. On Tuesday when I was trying to get on the wave I capsized and got caught underwater in the main current with the rope tight around my chest. The rope was too tight to release so I decided to take a swim to free myself. Then while I was swimming I suddenly got pulled deep underwater by the current. I went quite deep for quite a while. Those trying to rescue me said I was gone for about 10 seconds before I surfaced again. I have never had a swim like that before and hope not to again, but I was fine once I got back to shore and was back on the rope the next day.
In other news im back at Bujagali for a couple of days. I got some money stolen on Friday night but everything is now sorted and lessons learned. Lots more pictures are now up on my picasa account: http://picasaweb.google.com/sendittofinn/NewsAndPicsFromMyTravels?authkey=AhNv0uweUcc#

1 comment:

Cat636 said...

Hey dude!!! How's it goin?? The pics r good, keep em comin!! u gotta have lots more news than that tho...what about all d mad parties+what other kinda volunteer work u been doin??

Good 2 hear from ya anyway!!

Cathy :)