I left Genova on the 7th, but many problems with my rear wheel (breaking spokes and generally weak) and a dodgy tube wasted time. A new wheel and I was ready to go, but only managed to leave the city by 6pm. I climbed for about 2 hours to Busalla where a very nice family offered that I could camp in their garden, and also gave me a delicious dinner!!! The next morning I began the descent to the Italian plains towards Trieste. Running on Biscotti, ciabatta and pesto spaghetti I made good progress, crossing the border to Slovenia after 605 kilometres 4 days later. It was nice to spend some days riding on flat terrain, but the wide open terrain meant that I was riding against a constant wind. I had lunch in Venice on Sunday and had a walk around the city - pretty crazy place with lots of tourists!!! I missed the Giro dItalia by about 20 mins on Monday. Just as I arrived in the town all the team busses were leaving.... that would have been cool to see.
Slovenia is such a beautiful counrty, so many mountains and forests everywhere, and the people are really friendly!!!!
Highlights of the week:
Dinner with an italian family, Venice, Slovenian contryside, crostata (italian cake kind of thing) borak(slovenian pastry/pizza)

No comments:
Post a Comment