Thursday, June 18, 2009

Estonia, Saint Petersburg, Tivdia and Moscow!!!

Now im in Moscow after a few days on the road. First I flew to Helsinki and after a few hours there I travelled by ferry with a very friendly Estonian ballerina to Tallinn Estonia. The people at the hostle were great fun, running the streets of the old town dressed as cat, mouse and dog and constantly harrassing poor Brad. Then to Saint Petersburg for 3 days. Then I got a lift north to Karelia, 7 hours away from St Petersburg for the Russian freestyle kayak championships. The wave was located in a small village called Tivdia and it was great to meet so many great people. The event finished with a great party in the woods beside a lake which went on until the next day. It was so north that it never got dark !!!! Then we drove to another kayaking spot, then back to St Petersburg. In St petersburg I experienced the russian tradition of Banya which means baths. It was basically a really hot sauna, and part of it involves a kind of thrashing with leaves and branches. It was a great for my body after several days of drinking and partying with russians!!! I felt so good afterwards :) Moscow is a great city, so busy, the biggest city ive ever been in. It felt so strange to walk around Red square and the Kremlin!!!! On Saturday Im taking the train to Yekaterinburg, then to Irkutsk and on the 3rd of July will arrive in....BEIJING!!!!
















No comments: