24th of August
Almost 3 months of working in Microsoft and the summer feels like its drawing to an end. Its getting closer to the time I had planned to leave. This summer feels like it has passed so quickly.
And what a summer it was :) Record levels of rainfall and flash floods nationwide.
While most people may complain about the rain, it did mean that I got to get some kayaking done. So far over the summer I have kayaking on the Annamoe in nice levels, Clifden hole and quite a lot recently at Sluice on the Liffey.

Sluice at normal levels; for the past 2 weeks its been much bigger and faster. While I cant really do much on it Im happy to be able to survive surfing on it. Its a tricky feature to learn on and isnt very forgiving.



After the heavy rainfall, Sluice was completely washed out, but the weir on the right made a nice wave.
Almost 3 months of working in Microsoft and the summer feels like its drawing to an end. Its getting closer to the time I had planned to leave. This summer feels like it has passed so quickly.
And what a summer it was :) Record levels of rainfall and flash floods nationwide.
While most people may complain about the rain, it did mean that I got to get some kayaking done. So far over the summer I have kayaking on the Annamoe in nice levels, Clifden hole and quite a lot recently at Sluice on the Liffey.
Sluice at normal levels; for the past 2 weeks its been much bigger and faster. While I cant really do much on it Im happy to be able to survive surfing on it. Its a tricky feature to learn on and isnt very forgiving.



After the heavy rainfall, Sluice was completely washed out, but the weir on the right made a nice wave.
A large, brown river liffey Improvised roof rack
Bank holiday trip to Clifden




No comments:
Post a Comment