Monday, August 17, 2009

Thailand




So, Im sitting in an internet cafe listening to tuk-tuks vroom by, in Chiang mai in northern thailand. This morning I returned from a 5 day stay at Chinnaworn's (A Thai zen buddhist monk http://www.secondhomethailand.org/index.htm ) farm, nicely located in a peaceful remote rural valley. The farm, carved from the thick rainforest and bush is run on organic principles. During my time there I was first exposed to Buddhist beliefs and lifestyle and had my first experience of meditation. The food was a whole new experience for my tastebuds, with each meal a new suprise. Eating breakfast overlooking the rice paddies was a great start to the day. The tastiest part of my stay was the food for the soul, although a little hard to swallow Chinnaworn's wisdom and experiences made real sense to me. I have a reading list of books to read, and in a few days will head to the beaches of the south to enjoy some good hammock time and some sunshine before heading back home. Ill be back on the 3rd of september, ready to get stuck in to my final year at UCD!!!!

No comments: