Monday, September 9, 2013

The blog is back :)

So after 4 years I have decided to restart the blog :) There probably arent many readers but I thought it might be a nice way to look back on the summer and share a few photos and stories with people not on facebook. This first post will look back on my paragliding trip to Ager in Spain.


In August I bought a paraglider and flew out to Spain to spend 12 days flying with my instructor Fred and some of his students. Ager is a small rural village located about 2 hours drive northwest of Barcelona, towards the Pyrenees mountains. Known worldwide as a paragliding and hanggliding mecca, Fred has been coming here for 30 years to fly in the ideal soaring conditions. The village is in a valley at the foot of Mont Sec (the dry mountain) which is around 1500 metres high (4500 feet). Apparently Ager has been there since Roman times



 We quickly slotted into a daily routine of; meet at the bakery at 9 for pastries and coffee, drive up to the top of the mountain for a morning flight (maybe 2 if conditions and logistics allowed), big lunch, siesta snooze/pool time, meet at 5.30 at the bar and head up for an evening flight once the conditions were right, then dinner and beers. I found it a bit tricky to master my new glider and the strong winds at times at takeoff as I had mostly been doing a different takeoff style when flying in the Alps last summer.






No comments: